AudioScience ASI5540 Broadcast Balanced Analog XLR Multichannel MRX TSX Audio [Refurbished]
( 362871731234) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Was $1,595 • Fully Working • Windows 10 64 Bit Compatible • Pro Broadcast PCI Multichannel Sound Card • Mixed Sample Rates • TRX Timestretch • 6 Streams into 4 Stereo Output Channels for Radio Playout or Production
Used, very good condition. Tested to confirm correct operation under Windows 10 64 Bit. Note that breakout cables are not included, but usually have the Audioscience BOB1024 Breakout Box listed separately as an alternative.
In summary, AudioScience cards are the defacto standard for multichannel broadcast use. They are supported by most of the main playout and automation software packages straight out of the box and allow each output stream to have its own independent channel with the level controlled either by the software or by the fader on the console.
Usually Sells for $1,595
- The ASI5540 is a professional PCI sound card designed for use in radio broadcast automation.
- Providing 12 play streams that are mixed to 4 balanced stereo outputs and 8 record streams fed from four balanced stereo inputs, the ASI5540 features AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere" mixing and routing.
- The ASI5540 has balanced analog I/O with an analog input and output level of up to +24dBu.
- A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an onboard floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
- DSP based functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology that allows streams of different sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
- For emerging surround sound applications, SSX mode allows multichannel streams of up to 8 channels to be played, recorded and mixed.
- 4 or 12 streams of mono or stereo playback into 4 stereo outputs
- 4 or 8 streams of mono or stereo record from 4 stereo inputs
- Formats include PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX technology supports digital mixing of multiple stream formats and sample rates
- TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of play streams by up to +/-20% with no pitch shift
- SSX mode for multichannel record, playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog inputs and outputs with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015% THD+N
- SoundGuard transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers are available
Analog signal quality is beyond reproach with Pro standard +4dB analog signals being supported with lots of extra headroom. Output can be adjusted down to -10dB consumer levels using the control applet if you want to interface to unbalanced gear.