AudioScience ASI6640 PCIe Multichannel Broadcast Sound Card Balanced Audio XLR [Refurbished]
( 234505036531) )
Lightly Used • Fully Working • 12 Streams into 4x Physical Channels • Timestretch Capability • PCIe Multichannel Broadcast Sound Card • Balanced Audio XLR
This is a bare card - no XLR breakout
cables are included however I usually have AudioScience
BOB1024 breakout boxes an alternative interface arrangement if
required. Cards have been tested and a screenshot of the actual card under test will be included in the package for your peace of mind.
Usually Sells for $1,595
In summary, AudioScience cards are the defacto standard for multichannel broadcast use. They are supported by most of the main playout and automation software packages straight out of the box and allow each output stream to have its own independent channel with the level controlled either by the software or by the fader on the console.
Having four independent digital output channels gives you everything you need for the modern studio - three channels can be used to give you triple overlap voicetracking so that your prerecorded link can be played simultaneously over a segue. The fourth channel can then be used for your PFL/Cue - or maybe for the output of your cart wall application. Up to 4 ASI cards can coexist a single system giving you almost limitless permutations of record and playback channels.
The ASI6640 is a professional PCI-Express sound card designed for use in radio broadcast automation. Providing 12 play streams that are mixed to 4 balanced stereo outputs and 8 record streams fed from four balanced stereo inputs, the ASI6640 features AudioScience’s unique "anything to anywhere" mixing and routing.
A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6640 functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology which allows streams of different sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
For emerging surround sound applications, SSX mode allows multichannel streams of up to 8 channels to be played, recorded and mixed.
- 12 mono/stereo streams of playback into 4 stereo outputs
- 8 mono/stereo streams of record from 4 stereo inputs
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX technology supports mixing of multiple formats and rates
- TSX time scaling by up to +/-20%25
- SSX mode for multichannel record, playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015%25 THD+N
- SoundGuard transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers available