Broadcast Tools PBB-24 Push Button Box RS-232 Serial Broadcast Automation PBB24 [Refurbished]
( 232172703270) )
Broadcast Tools PBB-24 Broadcast Automation Playout Replay Push Button Box
Used, Good Condition
Here's a handy add-on to a broadcast playout or automation system. The box sends a ASCII character string in response to button presses/releases. Great for triggering playout of audio clips/jingles, macros/scripts, or for changing between automation/satellite settings.
Item is used and has been tested to confirm that it works as it should. It has been restored to the factory default settings (so the serial port will respond to a SPACE sent via 2400-8-N-1).
The PBB-24 provides twenty four spst buttons that may be configured to generate user programmable ASCII character strings which are outputted to the provided RS-232 serial port.
Custom programming of the PBB-24 is accomplished with a NON-DEDICATED computer.
Full details may be obtained from the User Manual.
- Switch covers provide insertable imprinted legends through the slot of the clear switch cover top (legends not included)
- 24 - Heavy duty switches
- Switches may be remote controlled
- Thirty-two ASCII character strings per switch on depression and release
- Power and data activity LED’s
- Non-volatile program memory
- One - RS-232 serial port
- Four baud rate settings, 1200, 2400, 4800 and 9600
- Ergonomically designed desktop unit with sloped front case.
- Hot Keys for Digital Hard drive systems
- Push button control of satellite receivers
- GPI to serial converter
- Remote control of all types of equipment requiring control via RS-232.