Arbiter 1093B opt27 8x IRIG-B GPS Atomic Clock Time Receiver Timecode 1PPS RS232
( 282798735109) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Option 27 - 8x IRIG-B Outputs Installed • Unused/Mint- Condition • Latest Firmware (DST 2007 Compliant) • 110-240V AC Power
Photos show the actual item for sale
Here's a unused (I believe) GPS disciplined master clock unit with IRIG-B, Serial and 1 PPS outputs. The item is in close to mint cosmetic condition, and the GPS receiver card has been upgraded to a M12 type so you won't be impacted by the 'TIME NOT AVAILABLE' bug that affects the cards originally installed in these units. It also has the Option 27 IRIG-B expansion card installed which provides eight additional timecode outputs. These are very versatile units offering capabilities such as a Programmable Pulse Output and an input event timing contact. The unit comes with a basic test antenna included so it will acquire time for you right out of the box (when the antenna has a clear view of the sky when placed outdoors - indoor performance by a window is not guaranteed). I found the unit to be quick at obtaining the initial time with its antenna placed outdoors with an unobstructed view of the sky. The firmware is the most recent version available at the time of listing so it takes account of DST changes and the 12.2016 leap second addition. A professional grade outdoor antenna will be required for the unit to perform to its full capability.
The Arbiter Systems Inc. Model 1093B GPS Satellite-Controlled Clock is a GPS timing source for applications requiring an accurate time source with a better than 500ns accuracy. The Model 1093B features an LCD setup/status display and a keyboard for ease of inspection, configuration and operation.
Two pluggable terminal strip outputs provide unmodulated IRIG-B and 1 PPS. These outputs have substantial drive capability to easily drive multiple loads in parallel. These outputs are configurable to provide other output signals or an event-capture input.
Full details may be obtained from the User Manual.
The power supply requirements are 85-250V AC.
- Timing Accuracy:
- Specifications apply at the 1 PPS output, in the presence of Selective Availability (SA), as of date of publication.
- UTC/USNO: ±500ns peak
- Position Accuracy:
- 10 meters, rms, 90% confidence
- Satellite Tracking:
- Twelve (12) channel, C/A code (1575.42 MHz). Receiver simultaneously tracks up to twelve satellites. Results from all tracked satellites are averaged in Position-Hold Mode or, with Position-Hold Mode off, using least-squares estimation.
- 150 seconds typical, cold start
- 15 minutes, 90% confidence, cold start
- 40 seconds, with almanac less than 1 month old
- 15 seconds, with ephemeris less than 4 hours old
- Two standard: one IRIG-B Unmodulated and one 1 PPS; Type: bus driver, 5 V CMOS; 10 ohms source impedance; ±75 mA drive capability; pluggable terminal strip.
- Programmable Pulse Output:
- One programmable output pulse (by a jumper connection) that may be output on a terminal strip connector or the AUX OUT pin on either RS-232 Port.
- Every 1 to 60,000 seconds, starts top of the minute
- Hourly at a specified offset
- Daily at a specified time of day
- One shot at a specified time of year
- Pulse duration is programmable from 0.01 to 600 seconds, except in one-shot mode, where the output is Low prior to the specified time and High thereafter.
- Status LEDs
- 2 x 20 character supertwist LCD
- Time: UTC or local
- Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
- Receiver and clock status
- 1 PPS (input) deviation
- Event time
- Operate (green)
- Unlocked (red)
- Keypad: Eight keys; select display functions or setup menus
- Local time offset
- Output code select: Local/UTC
- Daylight Saving Time (Set Summer Time): Off/On/Auto USA/Auto EUR/Auto CUS
- Backlight control: On/Off/Auto
- Event input: Event/1 PPS
- Programmable Pulse setup
- Antenna delay
- Out of lock time: 1 to 99 minute(s), Off, or Zero Delay
- Auto-Survey: On/Off, Survey duration
- Position Hold: On/Off, Position Auto/Manual
- Option Configuration and Setup
- Serial port: RS-232
RS-232: 1200 to 19,200 baud; 7 or 8 data bits; 1 or 2 stop bits; even/odd/no parity
- Interrogate mode
- Standard ASCII (IRIG-J)
- Extended ASCII
- ASCII with Time Quality
- ASCII with Time Quality and Year
- Vorne large-display time
- Event data
- Connector: Male 9-pin D-sub (TXD, RXD, AUX IN, AUX OUT)
- AUX OUT can provide programmable pulse function at RS-232 levels
- Voltage: 85-250V AC
Size: 1 RU rack mount or tabletop, 260 mm deep FMS, Rack mounts included.
508 x 381 x 203 mm (20 x 15 x 8 in.), shipping
Weight: 2 kg (4.5 lbs), net
5.5 kg (12 lbs), shipping
- Cable Connection: F-type
- Operating Temperature: 0° to +50° C (-20° to +70° C typical)
- Nonoperating Temperature: -40° to +75° C
- Humidity: Noncondensing
- EMC: Radiated susceptibility: passes walkie-talkie test. Conducted emissions: power supply complies with FCC 20780, Class A and VDE 0871/6.78 Class A. Surge withstand capability (SWC), power inlet: designed to meet ANSI/IEEE C37.90-1 and IEC 801-4