Arbiter Systems 1093C Opt 28 GPS Time Atomic Master Clock Receiver LED Display [Refurbished]
( 283811884779) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Very Good Condition • Option 28 - Power System Time, Frequency, and Phase Monitor Installed • Option 19 - Second RS-232 Port • GPS Atomic Clock Time Receiver • With Test Antenna • Latest Firmware • 110-240V AC Power
Photos show the actual item for sale
Here's a lightly used GPS disciplined master clock unit with IRIG-B, Serial and 1 PPS outputs, that's in very good cosmetic condition. This one is the 'C' variant which boasts an impressive large red LED time display. The receiver has the Option 28 Power System Time, Frequency, and Phase Monitor installed, but the interconnection cable is not included so I have not tested this function, although I have no reason to believe that it is not working as it should. It also has Option 19 - a second RS-232 port - installed. The unit comes with a basic indoor antenna so it will acquire time for you right out of the box (when the antenna has a clear view of the sky when placed outdoors - indoor performance by a window is not guaranteed). The included antenna is intended to get you started and to allow you to check out the unit the day it arrives. A weatherproof external antenna with a full view of the sky is recommended for a permanent installation and for achieving the highest level of time accuracy as the unit will need to track 4+ satellites to achieve this - and I usually have some listed separately that would be ideal. Feel free to ask if you need a recommendation. Alternatively you can choose your own antenna as any 5V L1 antenna should work well. The firmware is the latest version available at the time of listing so you're running the most recent spec and won't have to worry about compliance with the 2007 DST changes, the 2019 GPS roll over, or recent leap second additions. The photos show the actual item for sale.
The Arbiter Systems Inc. Model 1093B GPS Satellite-Controlled Clock is a GPS timing source for applications requiring an accurate time source with a better than 500ns accuracy. The Model 1093B features an LCD setup/status display and a keyboard for ease of inspection, configuration and operation.
Two pluggable terminal strip outputs provide unmodulated IRIG-B and 1 PPS. These outputs have substantial drive capability to easily drive multiple loads in parallel. These outputs are configurable to provide other output signals or an event-capture input.
Full details may be obtained from the User Manual
The power supply requirements are universal, accepting 85 to 264 VAC or 110 to 350 VDC connected by a standard IEC-320 inlet on the rear panel.
- Timing Accuracy:
- Specifications apply at the 1 PPS output, in the presence of Selective Availability (SA), as of date of publication.
- UTC/USNO: ±500ns peak
- Position Accuracy:
- 10 meters, rms, 90% confidence
- Satellite Tracking:
- Twelve (12) channel, C/A code (1575.42 MHz). Receiver simultaneously tracks up to twelve satellites. Results from all tracked satellites are averaged in Position-Hold Mode or, with Position-Hold Mode off, using least-squares estimation.
- 150 seconds typical, cold start
- 15 minutes, 90% confidence, cold start
- 40 seconds, with almanac less than 1 month old
- 15 seconds, with ephemeris less than 4 hours old
- I/O Configuration:
- Two standard: one IRIG-B Unmodulated and one 1 PPS; Type: bus driver, 5 V CMOS; 10 ohms source impedance; ±75 mA drive capability; pluggable terminal strip.
- Programmable Pulse Output:
- One programmable output pulse (by a jumper connection) that may be output on a terminal strip connector or the AUX OUT pin on either RS-232 Port.
- Four modes:
- Every 1 to 60,000 seconds, starts top of the minute
- Hourly at a specified offset
- Daily at a specified time of day
- One shot at a specified time of year
- Pulse duration is programmable from 0.01 to 600 seconds, except in one-shot mode, where the output is Low prior to the specified time and High thereafter.
- Status LEDs
- 2 x 20 character supertwist LCD
- Time: UTC or local
- Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
- Receiver and clock status
- 1 PPS (input) deviation
- Event time
- Operate (green)
- Unlocked (red)
- Keypad: Eight keys; select display functions or setup menus
- Local time offset
- Output code select: Local/UTC
- Daylight Saving Time (Set Summer Time): Off/On/Auto USA/Auto EUR/Auto CUS
- Backlight control: On/Off/Auto
- Event input: Event/1 PPS
- Programmable Pulse setup
- Antenna delay
- Out of lock time: 1 to 99 minute(s), Off, or Zero Delay
- Auto-Survey: On/Off, Survey duration
- Position Hold: On/Off, Position Auto/Manual
- Option Configuration and Setup
- Serial port: RS-232
RS-232: 1200 to 19,200 baud; 7 or 8 data bits; 1 or 2 stop bits; even/odd/no parity
- Interrogate mode
- Standard ASCII (IRIG-J)
- Extended ASCII
- ASCII with Time Quality
- ASCII with Time Quality and Year
- Vorne large-display time
- Event data
- Connector: Male 9-pin D-sub (TXD, RXD, AUX IN, AUX OUT)
- AUX OUT can provide programmable pulse function at RS-232 levels
- Voltage: 85 to 264 Vac, 47 to 440 Hz, 20 VA maximum or 110 to 350 Vdc, 15 W maximum
Size: 1 RU rack mount or tabletop, 260 mm deep FMS, Rack mounts included.
508 x 381 x 203 mm (20 x 15 x 8 in.), shipping
Weight: 2 kg (4.5 lbs), net
5.5 kg (12 lbs), shipping
- Cable Connection: F-type
- Operating Temperature: 0° to +50° C (-20° to +70° C typical)
- Nonoperating Temperature: -40° to +75° C
- Humidity: Noncondensing
- EMC:Radiated susceptibility: passes walkie-talkie test. Conducted emissions: power supply complies with FCC 20780, Class A and VDE 0871/6.78 Class A. Surge withstand capability (SWC), power inlet: designed to meet ANSI/IEEE C37.90-1 and IEC 801-4