AudioScience ASI5308 Cobranet 8 Channel AoIP Streaming Audio Sound Card 5308 [Refurbished]
( 363012136875) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Fully Working • PCI Express Interface • Cobranet Audio Over Ethernet • Pro Broadcast Sound Card • 8 Play Streams and 8 Record Streams • Radio Playout or Production • Mixed Sample Rates • TRX Timestretch
Card is used but has been tested to confirm that it works as expected - see screenshots below. Note that the locknut on the BNC connector needs to be removed before the card is installed and then refitted outside the ATX case.
In summary, AudioScience cards are the defacto standard for multichannel broadcast use. They are supported by most of the main playout and automation software packages straight out of the box and allow each output stream to have its own independent channel with the level controlled either by the software or by the fader on the console.
The ASI5308 is a professional PCI Express CobraNet sound card designed for use in the installed sound and entertainment markets.
Using Cirrus Logic's CobraNet technology for streaming audio over Ethernet, the ASI5308 provides 8 channels of CobraNet receive and transmit. It can be connected to any CobraNet-compliant device and has dual-redundant CobraNet interfaces.
The ASI5308 is based on the TMS320C6713 VLIW floating point DSP connected to a high-speed bus-master PCI Express interface.
A choice of 8, 16, 24, and 32bit PCM is available on all streams.
AudioScience provides ASIControl, an application that allows CobraNet routing connections to be set up between the ASI5308, ASI5316, and ASI6316 and any other compliant CobraNet device on the network. Alternatively, third party CobraNet design and management software may be used.
Usually Sells for $663
- 8 24bit CobraNet inputs and outputs on 100Mbit Ethernet operating at 48kHz with dual RJ45 connectors
- 8 streams of playback and 8 streams of record
- Formats include PCM
- Dedicated Word clock Sync input and output (selectable)
- Intercard Sync to support exactly aligned channels of ASIO audio
- Serial bridge exposed as a USB header
- TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of play steams by up to +/-20% with no pitch shift
- Low Profile PCIe card allows use in 2U high rackmount computers
- Up to 8 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers available