AudioScience ASI5680 Balanced Analog Multichannel Broadcast Sound Card ASI 5680 [Refurbished]
( 362903324408) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Normally $1,295 • 8 Streams into 8x Physical Outputs & 1 Inputs • Bare Card
Bare card, no cables included. Card has been tested to confirm correct operation under Windows 10 64 Bit. I usually have the AudioScience BOB1024 breakout boxes available which provide a durable and versatile XLR interface - and one that's interchangeable between the different ASI cards.
In summary, AudioScience cards are purpose-designed for multi-channel broadcast use. They are supported by most of the main playout and automation software packages straight out of the box and allow each multiple streams each to have its own independent channel with the level controlled either by the software or by the fader on the console.
Having four physical playback channels gives you everything you need for the modern studio - three channels can be used to give you triple overlap voicetracking so that your prerecorded link can be played simultaneously over a segue. The remaining channel(s) can then be used for your PFL/Cue - or maybe for the output of your cart wall application. Up to 8 ASI cards can coexist a single system giving you almost limitless permutations of record and playback channels.
Usually Sells for $1,295
The ASI5680 is a professional PCI-Express analog sound card designed for use in multichannel sound systems.
Providing 8 play streams that are mixed to 8 stereo outputs and 1 record stream fed from one stereo input, the ASI5680 features AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere" mixing and routing.
The ASI5680 provides balanced analog input and outputs. The maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
Uncompressed PCM, in a choice of precision, is available for both recording and playback.
For emerging surround sound applications, SSX2 mode allows multichannel streams of up to 8 channels to be played and mixed.
- 8 stereo streams of playback into 8 stereo outputs
- 1 stereo stream of record from 1 stereo input
- Formats include 8, 16, 24 and 32 bit PCM with sample rates from 32kHz to 96kHz
- SSX2 mode for multichannel record, playback and mixing
- SoundGuard transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Balanced stereo analog input and outputs with levels to +24dBu
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Server 2008/2012 and Linux drivers available