AudioScience ASI6620 Broadcast Balanced Analog XLR Multichannel PCIe Sound Card [Refurbished]
( 363417119620) )
AudioScience ASI6620 • 6 Streams into 2x Outputs for Radio Playout or Production • PCIe x1 • Usually $995 • Bare Card, No Cables Included
Lightly used, tested to confirm correct operation (see screenshot). No XLR cable set is included, but I usually have BOB1024 breakout boxes listed separately which offer a convenient and robust means of interfacing to the card's inputs and outputs. This is a PCI Express (PCIe) card, not a PCI type.
Usually Sells for $995
The ASI6620 is a professional PCI-Express sound card designed for use in radio broadcast automation.
Providing 6 play streams that are mixed to 2 balanced stereo outputs and 4 record stream fed from 2 balanced stereo input, the ASI6620 features AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere" mixing and routing.
The ASI6620 has analog I/O only. The maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6620 functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology which allows streams of different sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
- 4 or 6 stereo/mono streams of playback into 2 stereo outputs
- 2 or 4 stereo/mono streams of record from 2 stereo inputs
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX technology supports mixing of multiple formats and rates
- TSX time scaling by up to +/-20%25
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015%25 THD+N
- Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows 7, 8, Server 2008/2012 and Linux software drivers available