Brandywine NFS-221 GPS NTP Time Server OCXO Network Frequency Standard 1PPS
( 283824886278) )
New/Open Box • Tested/Guaranteed • Never Deployed • NTP Server • OCXO Network Frequency Standard • GPS 1PPS Generator
An unused/never deployed (new old stock) GPS disciplined OCXO frequency standard that offers 8 1PPS outputs for synchronizing a variety of downstream equipment - as well as outputs via serial data and NTP over Ethernet. The unit has been tested to confirm that it works as it should (see test results below). A basic antenna is included for test purposes. For the unit to operate to its full specification you will need to use a professional grade 5V outdoor antenna with a full view of the sky. The unit ships with the IP address set via DHCP. The address assigned will be reported on the console port (null modem cable required, 115200-8-N-1) a few seconds after boot up.
- The NFS-221 is a precision time and frequency standard that uses the Global Positioning System (GPS). It is designed for use in WI-FI, Wi-Max, satellite communications, telecommunications and military communication applications.
Full details may be obtained from the User Manual
- The NFS-221 utilizes a high performance 16 channel GPS receiver. An automatic position-averaging feature enables the best use of GPS when operating in a fixed location.
- The NFS-221 is fitted with an internal back up oscillator that is continuously calibrated to GPS using an advanced algorithm, providing optimal frequency control of the oscillator. This ensures that the highest time and frequency accuracy is maintained if no satellites can be tracked, and ensures an ultra stable, low noise frequency reference. The NFS-221 includes a precision OCXO internal frequency standard.
- The NFS-221 provides “at a glance" status indication via front panel LED’s and can be integrated with other management systems using Ethernet and serial ports.
- The NFS-221 generates 1PPS signals compatible with ICD-GPS-060.
- The integrated Ethernet interface provides Network Time Protocol (NTP) synchronization to other connected computers. In addition to NTP, the NFS-221 Ethernet interface contains a built-in web server that allows the NFS-221 to be controlled using a standard web browser such as Internet Explorer. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) allows easy integration of the NFS-221 with industry standard network management systems.
- The NFS-221 provides eleven 1PPS time mark outputs. A unique feature allows precise controlled delays to be inserted into these outputs to compensate for cable- and other propagation delays.
- Compensation delay is independent for each output and has <1ns resolution.
- Serial time code outputs are provided to allow time synchronization to be distributed to computers, displays, and other equipment requiring precision time.
- All outputs are provided with activity detectors. Loss of any output is indicated by means of an individual front panel alarm LED as well as through the network interface or a discrete alarm output.