Broadcast Tools SS 8.1 II Audio Router Automation Serial Control Switcher RS-232 [Used]
( 235368723011) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Fully Working • Includes All Connector Blocks, Serial Cable, Power Supply • Broadcast Tools SS 8.1 II Audio Router Switcher RS-232
Actual item for sale
Unit has been tested and confirmed to work as
expected. Includes power supply, RS-232 cable and all
connector blocks. Note that the rear panel is a little
out of square - see photos.
The Broadcast Tools SS 8.1 II passively switches or routes a variety of electrical signals to a destination. The SS 8.1 II selects any one of 8 stereo inputs to a single stereo output. The SS 8.1 II provides PASSIVE switching through gold contact relays. The passive switching means that the unit can route a signal in either direction. Due to the passive nature of the switching, any input level and impedance can be used. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced, while output levels, impedance, distortion, noise and balancing will match that of the selected input. In addition to their normal use with audio signals, the unit can also be used to switch AES/EBU digital signals and telephone lines.
may be obtained from the User Manual at
- Operational control by front panel switches with LED indicators, contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic levels and/or the multi-drop RS-232 serial port.
- Removable screw terminals (Euro) are provided for audio and remote control connections.
- Audio switching via sealed relays utilizing 2-form-C bifurcated - crossbar silver alloy with gold overlay contacts.
- Logic functions via microprocessor and non-volatile memory.
- The power-up feature allows the user to select which one source is active at power up, including the last source selected.
- The "ACT" circuit performs as an audio activity monitor with front panel LED and open collector status output.
- The "ENABLE" switch provides a safety lock to the front panel source selection switches.
- The audio "MUTE" switch allows the user to turn off the audio output when activated.
- The "STEP" function allows the user to single step through
each channel or to automatically
sequence with user programmed channel steps and speed.
- Eight remote inputs, user configured for remote control or "PIP" (GPI) functions.
- Eight open collector outputs provide remote channel status or may be user programmed for GPO's.
- Configuration via dipswitches, serial port menu or burst mode.
- Source number one is configured to route audio to the output in the case of loss of power to the unit.
- Non-selected sources are terminated with 10K ohms load resistors.
- The SS 8.1 II may be set on a desktop, mounted on a wall or as part of the new RA-1, "Rack-Able" mounting shelf.
- Optional RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to two units in 1-RU.
Automation source switching; Studio selection and routing; Audio processing selection; Exciter input selection; Remote broadcast input selection; STL source selection; Multiple station program on-hold and/or PA switching; EAS audio switching; ISDN or Phone hybrid feed selection; IFB selection; Satellite audio channel switching and console monitor inputs and outputs selection.