Broadcast Tools SS4.1 III Balanced Audio Automation Switcher RS-232 Serial [Used]
( 285257971380) )
Used, Good Cosmetic Condition • Fully Working • Stereo Balanced Audio Switcher/Router • Used, Good Condition • With 115V AC Power Supply & Serial Cable
Item is in good cosmetic condition and fully working. Includes power supply and all connector blocks.
- The SS 4.1 III passively switches or routes a variety of electrical signals to a destination.
- The SS 4.1 III selects any one of 4 stereo inputs to a single stereo output.
- The SS 4.1 III provides PASSIVE switching through gold contact relays.
The passive switching means that the unit can route a signal in both directions (any one of 4 stereo inputs to a single destination, or a single source to any one of 4 destinations). Due to the passive nature of the switching, any input level and impedance can be used. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced, while output levels, impedance, distortion, noise and balancing will match that of the selected input. In addition to their normal use with audio signals, the unit can also be used to switch digital signals and telephone lines.
The SS 4.1 III is controlled by means of front panel switches, contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic levels and/or a multi-drop serial port.
The SS 4.1 III has several unique features:
- The Power-Up feature allows the user to select which of any source is active at power up, including the last source selected.
- Audio mute allows the user to turn off the audio output when activated.
- A Step Input provides a means of stepping though each source, including MOH Station Selection.
- A Serial Port allows communication and operation from a computer’s serial port.
- Source number one is configured by default to route audio to the output in the case of loss of power to the unit.
- Non-selected sources are terminated with 10K W, load resistors.
- Studio selection and routing
- Audio processing select
- Exciter input select
- Remote broadcast input selection
- STL source selection
- Automation source selection
- Multiple station Music On-Hold and/or PA switching
- EAS audio switching
- ISDN or Phone hybrid feed selection
- IFB selection;
- Satellite audio channel switching
- Console monitor inputs and outputs selection.