Gentner Microtel Broadcast Telephone Handset Line Interface Recording Patch IFB [Refurbished]
( 362692774674) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Very Good Condition • Connects via Telephone Handset Cord • Mic & Line Mini-Mixer • Broadcast IFB Telephone Interface Unit
Item is very lightly used and in very good cosmetic condition and tested to ensure that is fully working. The photos show the actual item for sale. No printed manual is included but a copy may be downloaded here if required.
Microtel is a small, battery operated “mini mixer" that connects to the handset jack of your telephone for easy connection to the phone line. It is not a telephone coupler.
Full product details may be obtained from the User Manual
Microtel does much more than standard couplers. With Microtel, you can easily accomplish the following:
- News reports — feed a complete story,with taped sound bites, without pausing or taking apart a telephone to send the audio to the station.
- Business, weather, ski reports — Microtel sets up easily in an office, allowing you to send your reports to their destination with a professional sound.
- Remote broadcasts — Use Microtel as a backup to your RPU or frequency extension equipment, or send it out with your air talent on sales remotes. With its mic input and built-in headset amplifier, Microtel is easy to set up and use.
- IFB — Microtel is ideal for IFB via telephone. Its two-way, hands-free communication path allows producers to talk easily with remote site personnel.
- Sales people — Replace your telephone handset with Microtel and a mic/headset combination. Talk with your clients, send sound bites down the phone line etc, while keeping your hands free to write down important information.
Actual item for sale
Microtel packs a variety of connectors and controls into a small size that will easily fit in a bag or briefcase
- Mic input — connect a standard microphone via the XLR connector. Microtel acts as a mic-to-line driver. You can control mic level with the SEND knob on top of the box.
- Auxiliary input - this mini-jack connects to the output of your tape recorder for feeding audio along with your mic.
- Headset - this 1/4" phone jack accommodates high impedance headphones. Headphone level is controlled by the RECEIVE knob on the top of the box.
- Aux Out — this mini jack connects to the input of your tape recorder for recording of audio from the telephone line. Handset — plug in your telephone’s modular (four pin) handset cord to this connector for access to the phone line. Since Microtel connects to the handset, a variety of phones can be used including multi-line sets.
- Aux Send — this line level output (mini-jack) provides a combination of the Mic and Aux In send inputs.
- Aux Receive — this minijack is used to mix another audio source with the receive telephone audio. A typical use would be the connection of a radio for monitoring off-air audio.
- Ext Power — this sub-mini jack provides connection of an optional 12V DC wall transformer (not included) to power the unit externally.
- Microtel has connections for two 9V batteries inside an easily opened compartment. Only one battery is used at a time.The toggle switch on top of the unit allows you to switch to the backup battery without interrupting your feed.
Microtel has set the standard since 1984 for fast, easy telephone feeds. Join the thousands of satisfied users today!
- Physical Dimensions 5" x 3.25" x 2.25" (12.7x5.72cm) excluding knobs
- Weight 1 lbs./0.45 kg dry, 2 lbs./0.9 kg shipping
- Power: 2x 9V battery (alkaline recommended) [Batteries not included]
- Nominal battery life 12 hrs. Connections provided for two batteries
- Optional 117Vac wall transformer provides 12Vdc [Power Supply Not Included]
- Connectors: All mini-jacks EXCEPT:Microphone: XLR Handset - four-pin modular External power - sub-mini
- Microphone -55dBm, 150 Ohms
- AUX IN -10dBm, 47kOhms
- AUX RCV -10dBm, 47kOhms
- Handset rcv -25dBm, 10K balanced
- Handset xmit -15dBm, 600 Ohms,300Hz-3kHz
- AUX OUT -20dBm, 600 Ohms,20Hz-10kHz
- AUX SEND +4dBm, 600 Ohms, 20Hz-5kHz
- Headset 300mW, 20Hz-20kHz,150 Ohms
- Distortion:< 0.5% with nominal send and receive levels