JK Audio PBXport PBX Broadcast Host Phone Audio Digital Hybrid Handset Line Tap [Refurbished]
( 283381362418) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Very Good Condition • Usually $740 • PBX Handset Line Tap • Digital Hybrid • 1U Rackmount • Balanced Audio I/O on XLR Jacks
Photos show the actual item for sale
Note that this hybrid connects between the Telephone and the Handset, and not between the phone and the wall jack.
That way it doesn't matter whether the phone is analog, digital, VoIP or whatever.
Item is lightly used and has been tested to confirm that it works fully. The front panel cover plate is missing but this can be ordered from JK Audio should a replacement be required. Most users prefer to have ready access to the level controls so they can adapt to different line conditions. Note that JK Hybrids in my experience operate best with a low level of input signal, so start testing by turning down the Send gain control to the point where just the first LED level indicator is peaking lit. Also the output is on the low side so having the Caller level set to the max is normal when interfacing to balanced downstream equipment. A few nicks and small scratches have been retouched with matching black paint so that the unit looks close to pristine in the rack when seen from a normal viewing distance.
The JK Audio PBXport is a professional digital hybrid capable of providing talk show quality caller audio from your PBX phone system. PBXport allows you to send mic or line level signals into your PBX telephone system while maintaining excellent separation between your voice and the caller. The balanced XLR output jack contains only the caller's voice allowing full duplex voice conferencing through the existing PBX phone system without fear of echo and feedback.
Conference Room: Easily connect your PA system to the existing PBX telephone system. The echo canceller algorithm can prevent feedback and allow full duplex conversations.
Normally sells for $740
Talk Show: Connect PBXport between your console and your existing multi-line telephone. Your producer can screen callers from another phone while you take callers on the air by simply selecting available lines on your phone.
The digital hybrid connects audio signals to your PBX type telephone system through the telephone handset cord. The Digital Signal Processor (DSP) continuously monitors both transmit and receive audio signals to deliver excellent separation. This proprietary, dual-convergence echo canceller algorithm can achieve excellent separation without any setup, and without sending a noise burst down the line.
PBXport provides connections for a microphone, headphones, mixer, telephone handset and your telephone set. Simply disconnect the handset coily cord from the base of your telephone, and connect this handset cord to the front or rear panel jacks on PBXport. Now connect the supplied cord from PBXport to your telephone base. The handset is disconnected when you press the “Online" button, and reconnected when you press the “Handset" button.
The Handset Type switch allows PBXport to emulate the type of microphone found in any PBX phone system; electret, dynamic, or carbon handset microphones.
- 16 bit DSP Echo Canceller
- Proprietary auto null algorithm, 50 dB null
- Transmit female XLR with mic/line switch
- Caller output male XLR
- Mix output male XLR (adjustable mix of send & receive)
- Front panel 1/4" headphone jack
- Speaker output terminals
- Transmit and Receive LEDs
- Switch selects between electret, dynamic, and carbon handset types
- Front and Rear panel Handset and Phone Base RJ22 jacks
- Remote control screw terminal block
- Input, Mic/Line: Balanced Female XLR, 1kohm, -10 mV RMS nom. (-38 dBu nom.)
- Mic/Line pad switch; Line = +5dBu nom.
- Output; Caller, Mix: XLR, 200ohms balanced, 500 mV RMS nom. (+14 dBu max)
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo, 8 ohms, 250 mW
- Speaker output: Screw terminal, 8 ohm, 1W max.
- Handset connection: RJ22
- Phone Base connection: RJ22
- Handset Type: Switch selects electret, dynamic, or carbon handset microphone types.
- Isolation: 1500 VAC
- Frequency Response, Telephone Side: 200 Hz - 3600 Hz
- Power: 100-240 VAC 50-60 HZ
- Size: 1.75" x 7.3" x 19" (4.5 x 18.6 x 48.3 cm)
- Weight: 5.4 pounds (2.4 kg)