NEW Arbiter Systems 1093B UPGRADED GPS NTP Network Time Server Clock Receiver
( 363526595228) )
New Open Box/New Old Stock • MINT- Condition • Tested/Guaranteed • Fully Working • With Option 32 FTP Server Card Installed • Included Test Antenna • Latest Firmware • 110-240V AC Power
Photos show the actual item for sale
Here's an unused, new old stock/open box GPS disciplined
master clock unit with IRIG-B, Serial and 1 PPS outputs,
that's in MINT- cosmetic condition. This unit has
the optional FTP server card installed (Arbiter Option 32).
The photos show the actual item for sale. Rack ears
are included as shown. The unit
comes with a basic test antenna so it will acquire time for
you right out of the box (when the antenna has a clear view
of the sky when placed outdoors - indoor performance by a
window is not guaranteed). The included antenna is intended
to get you started and to allow you to check out the unit
the day it arrives. A weatherproof external antenna with a
full view of the sky is recommended for a permanent
installation and for achieving the highest level of time
accuracy as the unit will need to track 4+ satellites to
achieve this. I usually have some listed that would be
ideal. Alternatively you can choose your own
antenna as any professional 5V L1 antenna with a gain of
26dB or more should work well. The firmware is the
latest version available at the time of listing. The GPS card has just been
upgraded to a Lotus M12M to ensure that the date remains
correct for years to come (see comments below). In
testing I found that the easiest way of changing the IP
address of the FTP server was to follow the process
discussed in the manual where you issue a command via ARP
Ping followed by two Telnet log ins using ports 1 and 9999,
see screenshot below).
This item includes an updated GPS card to replace the now-obsolete model originally installed by the factory.
There's a reason why you can find a lot of Arbiter GPS clocks being sold cheaply nowadays. That's because nearly all have failed GPS receiver cards that are reporting the wrong date (ie. nearly 20 years in the past). Sadly most other sellers somehow neglect to mention this in their listings and use weasel words like "removed from a working installation", which translates as they've not bothered to do any testing, or they're off-loading the unit in the short window available before it fails. For the buyer, there's nothing more disappointing than finding after you've gone to all the trouble of rigging up your outdoor GPS antenna that the "precision" clock you just bought can't even show the right date.
The remedy is to buy a clock that has a latest-generation GPS sub-system installed, as well as the latest firmware loaded in the clock unit. That way you'll be good for an accurate date for the best part of the next 20 years, assuming you and/or the clock are in service that long.
So before you buy a clock elsewhere, ask the seller for a photo of their clock showing the correct date and time. If they can't provide one then figure on dropping a hundred and fifty bucks on a new GPS card to be sent over from Asia, plus the ancillary interface board you'll probably need to install it, plus another hundred on the EPROM programmer needed to load the matching firmware.
Or you could just buy one that someone else has invested the time and effort to do all that work for you and who is willing to stand by their offer.
The Arbiter Systems Inc. Model 1093B GPS Satellite-Controlled Clock is a GPS timing source for applications requiring an accurate time source with a better than 500ns accuracy. The Model 1093B features an LCD setup/status display and a keyboard for ease of inspection, configuration and operation.
Two pluggable terminal strip outputs provide unmodulated IRIG-B and 1 PPS. These outputs have substantial drive capability to easily drive multiple loads in parallel. These outputs are configurable to provide other output signals or an event-capture input.
Full details may be obtained from
the User Manual
The power supply requirements are universal, accepting 85 to 264 VAC or 110 to 350 VDC connected by a standard IEC-320 inlet on the rear panel.
- Timing Accuracy:
- Specifications apply at the 1 PPS output, in the presence of Selective Availability (SA), as of date of publication.
- UTC/USNO: ±500ns peak
- Position Accuracy:
- 10 meters, rms, 90% confidence
- Satellite Tracking:
- Twelve (12) channel, C/A code (1575.42 MHz). Receiver simultaneously tracks up to twelve satellites. Results from all tracked satellites are averaged in Position-Hold Mode or, with Position-Hold Mode off, using least-squares estimation.
- 150 seconds typical, cold start
- 15 minutes, 90% confidence, cold start
- 40 seconds, with almanac less than 1 month old
- 15 seconds, with ephemeris less than 4 hours old
- I/O Configuration:
- Two standard: one IRIG-B Unmodulated and one 1 PPS; Type: bus driver, 5 V CMOS; 10 ohms source impedance; ±75 mA drive capability; pluggable terminal strip.
- Programmable Pulse Output:
- One programmable output pulse (by a jumper connection) that may be output on a terminal strip connector or the AUX OUT pin on either RS-232 Port.
- Four modes:
- Every 1 to 60,000 seconds, starts top of the minute
- Hourly at a specified offset
- Daily at a specified time of day
- One shot at a specified time of year
- Pulse duration is programmable from 0.01 to 600 seconds, except in one-shot mode, where the output is Low prior to the specified time and High thereafter.
- Status LEDs
- 2 x 20 character supertwist LCD
- Time: UTC or local
- Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
- Receiver and clock status
- 1 PPS (input) deviation
- Event time
- Operate (green)
- Unlocked (red)
- Keypad: Eight keys; select display functions or setup menus
- Local time offset
- Output code select: Local/UTC
- Daylight Saving Time (Set Summer Time): Off/On/Auto USA/Auto EUR/Auto CUS
- Backlight control: On/Off/Auto
- Event input: Event/1 PPS
- Programmable Pulse setup
- Antenna delay
- Out of lock time: 1 to 99 minute(s), Off, or Zero Delay
- Auto-Survey: On/Off, Survey duration
- Position Hold: On/Off, Position Auto/Manual
- Option Configuration and Setup
- Serial port: RS-232
RS-232: 1200 to 19,200 baud; 7 or 8 data
bits; 1 or 2 stop bits; even/odd/no parity
- Interrogate mode
- Standard ASCII (IRIG-J)
- Extended ASCII
- ASCII with Time Quality
- ASCII with Time Quality and Year
- Vorne large-display time
- Event data
- Connector: Male 9-pin D-sub (TXD, RXD, AUX IN, AUX OUT)
- AUX OUT can provide programmable pulse function at RS-232 levels
- Voltage: 85 to 264 Vac, 47 to 440 Hz, 20 VA maximum or 110 to 350 Vdc, 15 W maximum
Size: 1 RU rack mount or tabletop, 260 mm
deep FMS, Rack mounts included.
508 x 381 x 203 mm (20 x 15 x 8 in.), shipping
Weight: 2 kg (4.5 lbs), net
5.5 kg (12 lbs), shipping
- Cable Connection: F-type
- Operating Temperature: 0° to +50° C (-20° to +70° C typical)
- Nonoperating Temperature: -40° to +75° C
- Humidity: Noncondensing
- EMC: Radiated susceptibility: passes walkie-talkie test. Conducted emissions: power supply complies with FCC 20780, Class A and VDE 0871/6.78 Class A. Surge withstand capability (SWC), power inlet: designed to meet ANSI/IEEE C37.90-1 and IEC 801-4