NEW Symetrix 9022 Audio DSP Digital Signal Processor EQ Limiter NO POWER SUPPLY [New]
( 232620008597) )
New Open Box • MINT Condition • Automatic Preset Based Processing/Management of Audio • Audio DSP Signal Processor • EQ • Compressor • Limiter
Photos show the actual item for sale
Note that NO POWER SUPPLY IS INCLUDED. I assume that most sales will be for maintenance spares/replacement for legacy installations and the previous power supply can be reused, given that replacements have become very expensive ($140 each last time I checked) and will drive up the cost if included by default. If you don't have one, let me know I'll edit the listing to include one. The photos show the actual item for sale. A set of connector blocks is included (but not pictured).
The Symetrix 9022 2x2 DSP Engine is a programmable DSP processor intended for the installed sound market. Symetrix Audio Workplace software provides real-time control over multiple audio functions from a Windows PC environment.
Audio Workplace allows you to configure, program presets, adjust parameters, or download new DSP code in the field. The 9022 has a minimal front panel; Audio Workplace provides a virtual front panel via your computer. After setup and configuration, the settings remain stored inside the 9022’s non-volatile memory. The virtual front panel disappears with your PC. This leaves the chassis tamper-proof.
The 9022 is a two-channel processor. Each channel has EQ, high- and low-pass filtering, delay, and multiband compression and limiting available. There are two inputs and two outputs. The processor’s user interface imitates a dual-row, 8-slot card frame. The highly intuitive user interface allows you to drag and drop processor blocks into the frame, and to interconnect them. Don’t worry about what works and what doesn’t; the software has been designed to prevent mistakes and simply won’t allow an incorrect interconnection.
You’ll need the following items to use and control the 9022
- The 9022 and the Symetrix Audio Workplace software.
- A PC computer running the Microsoft Windows 95 or 98 graphical operating system (other Windows versions may work but this is not guaranteed).
The computer must have an unused serial (COM) port. If you’re starting from scratch, install Windows first, and make sure that it is running before trying to install the Audio Workplace software.
- Processor requirements are determined by your version of the Windows operating system
- You should have at least 16 Mb of RAM.
- You need at least 2 Mb of free space on the computer’s hard drive.
- Control software may be downloaded here. (9022 Designer "Audio Workplace" runs on a 32bit Windows PC and is used to configure, design and control the 9022 2x2 DSP Engine.)
- The user manual may be downloaded from here.
- Schematics may be obtained here.