NEW Symmetricom XLi TCXO GPS 10MHz Oscillator NTP Time Server PPO TIET Freq Meas
( 283666727057) )
Tested/Guaranteed • GPS Disciplined Master Clock/Frequency Generator • Part Number 1510-602 • NTP Server • PPO • TI/ET • Frequency Measurement • GPSDO 10 MHz Oscillator • 1PPS • IRIG-B
Photos show the actual item for sale
Here's an unused, late model Microsemi (formerly Symmetricom) GPS Disciplined XLi Time/Frequency unit in mint condition (the protective film is still applied over the front panel decal). It has an 87-8134-2 Quad Output Expansion Card with Alarm contact strip installed (see below for additional details). The usual accessory pack is included and contains rack ears, User Manual on CD, Serial and LAN cables etc - but the antenna is not included (as many prospective buyers will have one installed already) but I usually have the matched 12V AT575 type listed separately if one is required. The item has been tested to confirm that it works as it should - see screenshots below of the actual item under test. This unit has the standard TCXO oscillator and it has all the software based additional capabilities enabled - NTP server, Time Interval/Event Timer (TIET), Frequency Measurement, Programmable Pulse Output. The photos show the actual item for sale. The firmware is the latest version available for this device and supports a web based configuration interface. No unpictured cables, accessories or documents are included.
Full details may be obtained from the User Manual
- Better Than 1x10-12 Frequency Accuracy
- Supports Primary and Secondary Reference Inputs (GPS, Time Code, 1PPS)
- Configurable as Dual Redundant GPS Receiver in One Chassis (second GPS option not included)
- Standard 10/100 Base-T Network Port
- Intuitive Web Based Management
- HTML, Telnet, SNMP with MIB Standard
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display and Keypad
- Completely Modular with Plug-and Play Capability
- Numerous Field-Upgradeable, Plug-in Option Cards Available
- Time code reader/generator (IRIG A,B; NASA 36) AM and DC
- Auxiliary Reference Input Supports Lock to External Cesium to Enhance Holdover
- Standard Outputs: 1PPS, Selectable Pulse Rates and Alarm
- Flash Memory for Remote Software Upgrades
One of the great design benefits of the XLi is that, because of its variety of option cards, a company can customize it to fit to their specific application needs. Whether your application demands redundancy in power supplies, GPS, or any other function, all it takes is the proper configuration of cards.
XLi Option Cards
The wide range of XLi option cards make it easy to tailor your system to support nearly every possible output/input needed for time and frequency applications, by combining option modules, oscillator upgrades, and two GPS receivers per unit. Plug-and-play cards and built-in XLi option card recognition software lets you swap out modules without modifying your operating system.
Plug and Play Configuration
Configuration recognition software automatically detects the unit’s setup, without modifications to the operating system, providing “plug-and-play" configuration capability for current and future application needs.
Freedom to Configure
Modularity delivers the freedom to configure the XLi as a GPS timing receiver [GPS option not included], or a time code unit (TCU).
The XLi seamlessly integrates into a network centric environment. The 10/100 Base-T interface is standard. Remote management is facilitated with the intuitive HTML web based interface as well as SNMP with an enterprise MIB. Command line interface is also supported via Telnet or the RS-232/422 serial port. The XLi can function as a Stratum 1 NTP server with addition of the NTS option.
The standard XLi provides a wide range of time and frequency inputs and outputs such as: 1PPS output; time code input/output (IRIG A, B; NASA36) in both modulated (AM) and demodulated (DCLS) formats; programmable pulse rates; open collector alarm; front panel keypad and display; and more.
Modular Architecture for Easy Extensions
The modular XLi architecture allows easy extension of the software and hardware in the field. Software updates are remotely administered. Existing and future hardware option modules can be added as needed by the user. The GPS timing interface is also modular which facilitates future upgrade to alternate Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), such as Galileo, when available.
Expansion Module Description
The Expansion Module is a versatile option that expands the number of standard time code and pulse rate outputs from the XLi.
Four independent, user configurable outputs are provided.
The output signals are selectable via an on-module rotary switch. The available output signal types are as follows:
- Time Code AM/DC: Format mirrors XLi standard code output (IRIG A,B; IEEE 1344 or NASA 36)
- Rates (1 PPS, 1 kPPS, 10 kPPS, 100 kPPS, 1 MPPS, 5 MPPS,10 MPPS)
- Programmable Pulse (Requires PPO option to be installed)
- Alarm Relay (87-8134-2)
Expansion Module Specifications
- Connector: Female BNC
- Quantity: 4
- Options Slots: 2 slots (87-8134-2)
- Format: IRIG A, B; IEEE 1344 or NASA 36
- Amplitude (AM): 3.0 Vp-p +/–1V, into 50Ω
- Ratio (AM): 3:1 +/– 10%• Amplitude (DC): TTL into 50Ω
- Phasing: In phase with carrier ± 10μSALARM
- Active High (Alarm state)
- Amplitude: TTL Levels into 50ΩRATES
- Rate: 1 PPS, 1 kPPS, 10 kPPS, 100 kPPS, 1 MPPS, 5 MPPS, 10 MPPS
- Duty cycle: 60/40% +/– 10%• Amplitude: TTL Levels into 50ΩPROGRAMMABLE PULSE (Optional)
- On time edge: Rising
- Amplitude: TTL Levels into 50ΩALARM RELAY 87-8134-2
- Connection: Terminal strip, COM, NO, NC
- Max Voltage: 48 VAC/VDC
- Max Current: 2A @ 24 VDC