AudioScience ASI6522 PCI Broadcast AES Digital Balanced Analog Mutichannel Card [Refurbished]
( 364088934998) )
Lightly used and tested to confirm that it works as it should. This is a PCI Full Height card. Note that breakout cables are not included, but I usually have the AudioScience BOB1024 breakout boxes available which provide a durable and versatile interface - and one that's interchangeable between the different ASI cards.
In summary, AudioScience cards are the defacto standard for multichannel broadcast use. They are supported by most of the main playout and automation software packages straight out of the box and allow each output stream to have its own independent channel with the level controlled either by the software or by the fader on the console.
- The ASI6522 is a professional PCI sound card designed for use in radio broadcast automation.
- Providing 4 or 6 play streams that are mixed to 2 balanced stereo outputs and 2 or 4 record streams fed from 2 balanced stereo inputs, the ASI6522 features AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere" mixing and routing.
- The ASI6522 provides both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
- A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
- DSP based functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology, which allows streams of different, sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
- 4 or 6 mono/stereo streams of playback into 2 stereo outputs
- 2 or 4 mono/stereo streams of record from 2 stereo inputs
- Formats include PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX technology supports digital mixing of multiple stream formats and sample rates
- TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of play streams by up to +/-20%25 with no pitch shift
- Balanced stereo analog inputs and outputs with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015%25 THD+N
- AES/EBU inputs and outputs with sample rate converters on all inputs
- Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input
- SoundGuard transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers are available at http://www.audioscience.com/internet/download/win_drivers.htm
- Digital and Analog signal quality is beyond reproach with Pro standard +4dB analog signals being supported with lots of extra headroom. Output can be adjusted down to -10dB consumer levels using the control applet if you want to interface to unbalanced gear.