Broadcast Tools ACS 8.2 Audio Automation Stereo Switcher Router *NO RS-232 I/O* [Used]
( 285526093312) )
NO RS-232 SERIAL/Front Panel Good • Very Good Cosmetic Condition • With All Connector Blocks, 115V Power Supply & Serial Cable • Was $839
A lightly used ACS 8.2 switcher from Broadcast Tools. The item has been tested and been found to work well from the front panel, but I believe that the serial port is not functioning correctly. In my testing the 'power up' message that the unit sends was garbled at 9600 baud but correct at 38400 baud. I was not able to communicate from my PC to the switcher. I have not investigated the cause of this as it seems sense just to sell this for an application where remote control of the switching is not needed. The power up configuration is with channels 1 and 2 not connected to any output. It may not be possible to reprogram this behavior without the serial I/O working. A 115V AC power supply, and serial cable included. The unit is in very good cosmetic condition. No printed manual is included but a copy may be downloaded from https://www.prostudioconnection.net/0113/Manual_ACS8x2.pdf if required.
The Broadcast Tools ACS 8.2 provides matrix audio switching of 8 stereo inputs to 2 stereo plus 2 mono outputs. Any input assigned to output one has fading capabilities. Matrix switching allows any or all inputs to be assigned to any or all outputs. The ACS 8.2 may be controlled via front panel switches, contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic and/or the multi-drop RS-232 serial port. Installation is simplified with removable screw terminals (Euro).
Full details may be found in the User Manual
- True matrix switching, any or all inputs may be assigned to any or all outputs. Any input assigned to output one may be faded up, down or dimmed from either the front panel, contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic or the multi-drop RS-232 serial port.
- Logic functions via microprocessor and non-volatile memory.
- Internal audio activity/silence sensors monitor both output channels. Each is equipped with front panel “ACT" / “SS" LED indicators, separate SPDT alarm relays, adjustable alarm delay and restore duration. Sensitivity is factory set at -37db.
- Front panel input selection switches are provided for each input channel with separate output indicator LED
- Power-up selection of inputs to outputs, mute or last source selected.
- Stereo headphone amplifier with front panel output selection switch, headphone jack and level control.
- Most configuration options via rear panel dipswitches.
- 16 input GPI port (PIP or Remote Control) with LED indicator.
- 8 open collector channel status outputs or programmable via burst commands.
- 8 SPDT relay outputs with multiplex function on output two. Programmable via burst commands.
- Multi-turn input and output level controls.
- Electronically balanced stereo inputs.
- Electronically balanced stereo and monaural outputs.
- Remote control of front panel functions and status.
- Multi-drop RS-232 serial port with data activity LED.
- Multiple units may be cascaded to expand inputs.
- Depluggable screw (EURO) terminals for ALL connections.
- 1-RU chassis.