Broadcast Tools SS 2.1 III Stereo Balanced Audio Automation RS-232 Switcher
( 235387302591) )
Broadcast Tools SS 2.1 III • Stereo Balanced Audio Switcher • Automation Controlled RS-232 Switcher • With Power Supply and Serial Cable
- The SS 2.1 passively switches or routes a variety of electrical signals to a destination.
- The SS 2.1 selects any one of 2 stereo inputs to a single stereo output.
- The SS 2.1 provides PASSIVE switching through gold contact relays. The passive switching means that the unit can route a signal in either direction (any one of 2 stereo inputs to a single destination, or a single source to any one of 2 destinations).
- Due to the passive nature of the switching, any input level and impedance can be used. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced, while output levels,impedance, distortion, noise and balancing will match that of the selected input.
- In addition to the normal use with audio signals, the unit can also be used to switch digital signals and telephone lines.
may be obtained from the User Manual at
- Operation by front panel switches and LED indicators, contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic levels and/or the multi-drop RS-232 serial port.
- Removable screw terminals (Euro) are provided for audio and remote control connections.
- Audio switching via sealed relays utilizing 2-form-C bifurcated-crossbar silver alloy with gold overlay contacts.
- Microprocessor control with non-volatile memory.
- The Power-Up feature allows the user to select which one source is active at power up, including the last source selected.
- Three logic-switching modes.
- The ENABLE switch provides a safety lock to the front panel selection switches.
- The audio MUTE switch allows the user to turn off the audio output when activated.
- Source number one is configured by default to route audio to the output in the case of loss of power to the unit.
- Non-selected sources are terminated with 10K Ω, load resistors.
- Relays provided for remote status.
- Desktop, wall mount or rack mount three units on the RA-1, 1-RU rack shelf.
EAS audio switching, any type of stereo, monaural, composite audio, AES/EBU, ISDN, RS-232/422/485, telephone lines switching, multiple station program on-hold and/or PA switching.