Henry Engineering 4 Stereo Channel (8 Mono) Utility Mixer for Balanced Audio [Used]
( 285123143573) )
Henry Engineering 'Stereo Mixer' 4/8 Channel Balanced Audio Utility Mixer
115/230V Internally Modifiable
- Stereo Mixer is an 8-input audio mixer for line level sources.
- It can mix (combine) up to 4 stereo or 8 mono sources, or any combination thereof.
- Balanced inputs are provided for 8 line-level sources: 4 Left channel and 4 Right channel.
- There are three balanced outputs: Left, Right, and Mono. The Mono output is a summation of the Left and Right main outputs.
- Multiple Stereo Mixers can be linked to expand capacity using the Bus Input feature.
- All audio connections are via barrier strip terminals.
- The power supply is internal and can be re-strapped for 230V working
Full details may be obtained from the User Manual at
Balanced audio sources should be connected to the + and - input terminals for each channel. For use with unbalanced sources, connect to the + terminal and G (ground); jumper the - terminal to G. All inputs are bridging; it is not necessary to terminate the inputs, unless required by source equipment. Connect shields at one end only to prevent ground loops.
The Left, Right, and Mono balanced outputs of the Stereo Mixer can be fed to any balanced load of 600 ohms or higher. For unbalanced loads, connect to the + output terminal only. DO NOT short the - terminal to ground. It is not necessary to terminate unused outputs.
Relative audio mix levels are controlled by 8 LEVEL controls: 4 for Left inputs, 4 for Right inputs. Unity gain is achieved with the controls set to their 11 o'clock position. Up to 10dB of gain is available by setting the level controls fully CW. Audio sources fed to the Left inputs will be mixed to the Left output. Sources fed to the Right inputs will be mixed to the Right output. ALL sources will appear at the Mono output.
Linking Multiple Units
Multiple Stereo Mixer units can be linked to expand input capacity. Connect the output of the first Stereo Mixer's + output terminals (L&R) to the Bus inputs of the second unit. The output of the first unit will be mixed with sources fed into the second unit. All signals will appear at the output of the second unit. Several Stereo Mixers can be linked together in this manner.
INPUTS -10 to +8 dBm nom, 20K (bal) or 10K (unbal), 8x
GAIN Off to +10 dB
OUTPUTS +4 dBm nom, +24 dBm max, 600 ohm balanced, 3x
FREQ RES DC to 40 kHz, +/- 0.25 Db
DISTORTN Less than .01%25 IM/THD
NOISE 80 dB below nominal output level
TDR Over 100 dB
Further details may be found in the User Manual. The PCB appears to support re-strapping for 230V power.