TimeMachines TM2000A GPS OCXO Disciplined PTP NTP Network Time Server w/ Antenna
( 285651069323) )
Very Good Cosmetic
Condition • Mini PTP & NTP Network Time Server
• TCP/IP Network Clock • With SMA Antenna • Power Supply
In very good condition and tested to
confirm that it works as expected - see screenshots
below. No unpictured cables, accessories or documents
Full product details may be obtained from the User Manual at https://www.prostudioconnection.net/2401/TM2000A_Manual.pdf
- The Time Machines PTP Network Time Server is a simple to use GPS sourced time server that will supply accurate time for all computers and time keeping devices on the network.
- By placing a time server on the local network, PTP and NTP time packets are provided without requiring systems to go to the Internet to get a Stratum 1 time synchronization.
- The system uses an active GPS antenna to maintain the current time as broadcast by United States GPS satellites.
- With this device installed on your local network, there is no longer the worry that if the Internet connection goes down, time synchronization is lost across the network.
- In addition, the TM2000A includes a high precision internal clock based on an OCXO (Oven controller oscillator) that allows the unit to serve accurate time beyond loss of the GPS antenna signal.
- The unit is small and can be placed anywhere within the network layout.
- The supplied GPS antenna is able to lock multiple satellites when placed outdoors with a full view of the sky.
- Operation from behind a window may be possible in some circumstances, but this is not guaranteed
For full details see the manual at https://www.prostudioconnection.net/2401/TM2000A_Manual.pdf
Setup and use of this time server is straightforward. Simply connect both the included power supply and the GPS antenna to the base unit and then connect the base unit to the local network. Go to a computer on the network and browse to the device at its default address (192.168.1.20) to enter the software setup within the control box.
Set parameters to match your network and the system will start to send out time packets to any device on the system that asks for an update from it. Two servers can be setup to provide redundancy and more capacity. Support for setting internal time from other NTP servers, SNMP, and manual time set is offered.
When paired with digital Power Over Ethernet (PoE) or WiFi clocks, synchronized time is assured no matter the state of your network, or the state of the internet time server the clocks are pointed to. Accuracy is also improved because the network delay of the internet is highly variable, while the local LAN connection is likely sub-millisecond delay.
TimeMachine GPS based time servers are suited to any application where coordination of events at multiple locations is required. Without coordinated network time, searching for problems across multiple system logs becomes much more difficult. Education, industrial facilities, military installations, public safety command rooms, government, broadcasting, and hospitals are all candidates for synchronized time systems.