AudioScience ASI6518 Broadcast AES Digital/Balanced Analog 8 Channel Sound Card [Refurbished]
( 363627709439) )
AudioScience ASI6518 • Broadcast Sound Card • Mixed Sample Rates • TRX Timestretch • 8 or 16 Streams into 8 Stereo Output Channels • For Radio Playout or Production
Lightly used and tested to confirm that it works. A screenshot of the actual card under test will be included in the package. Note that breakout cables are not included, but I usually have the AudioScience BOB1024 breakout boxes listed separately which provide a durable and versatile interface - and one that's interchangeable between the different ASI cards.
Usually sells for $2,695
In summary, AudioScience cards are the defacto standard for multichannel broadcast use. They are supported by most of the main playout and automation software packages straight out of the box and allow each output stream to have its own independent channel with the level controlled either by the software or by the fader on the console.
- The ASI6518 is a professional PCI sound card designed for use in radio broadcast automation.
- Provides up to 16 play streams that are mixed to 8 balanced stereo outputs and up to 2 record streams fed from one balanced stereo input, the ASI6518 features AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere" mixing and routing.
- The ASI6518 provides both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
- A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
- ASI6518 functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology which allows streams of different sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally.
- TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
- For emerging surround sound applications, SSX2 mode allows multichannel streams of up to 8 channels to be played and mixed.
- 8/16 stereo streams of playback into 8 stereo outputs (ASI6518)
- 1/2 stereo streams of record from 1 stereo input
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX technology supports mixing of multiple formats and sample rates
- TSX time scaling by up to +/-20%25
- SSX2 mode for multichannel playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015%25 THD+N
- AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on all inputs
- Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input
- SoundGuard transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers available
Digital and Analog signal quality is beyond reproach with Pro standard +4dB analog signals being supported with lots of extra headroom. Output can be adjusted down to -10dB consumer levels using the control applet if you want to interface to unbalanced gear.