AudioScience ASI6644 PCIe Multichannel Broadcast Sound Card Balanced Audio XLR [Refurbished]
( 362774272791) )
Tested/Guaranteed • Fully Working • 12 Streams into 4x Physical Channels • Windows 10 64bit • Timestretch Capability • PCIe Multichannel • Broadcast Sound Card • Balanced Audio XLR Out
This is a bare card - no XLR breakout cables are included however I usually have AudioScience BOB1024 breakout boxes an alternative interface arrangement if required. The card has been tested and a screenshot of the testing of the actual card you receive will be included in the package.
Usually Sells for $3,965
In summary, AudioScience cards are the defacto standard for multichannel broadcast use. They are supported by most of the main playout and automation software packages straight out of the box and allow each output stream to have its own independent channel with the level controlled either by the software or by the fader on the console.
Having four independent digital output channels gives you everything you need for the modern studio - three channels can be used to give you triple overlap voicetracking so that your prerecorded link can be played simultaneously over a segue. The fourth channel can then be used for your PFL/Cue - or maybe for the output of your cart wall application. Up to 4 ASI cards can coexist a single system giving you almost limitless permutations of record and playback channels.
The ASI6644 is a professional PCI-Express sound card designed for use in radio broadcast automation.
Providing 12 play streams that are mixed to 4 balanced stereo outputs and 8 record streams fed from four balanced stereo inputs, the ASI6644 features AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere" mixing and routing.
The ASI6644 provides both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6644 functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology which allows streams of different sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
For emerging surround sound applications, SSX2 mode allows multichannel streams of up to 8 channels to be played, recorded and mixed.
- 4 or 12 stereo/mono streams of playback into 4 stereo outputs
- 4 or 8 stereo/mono streams of record from 4 stereo inputs
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX technology supports mixing of multiple formats and ratesli>
- TSX time scaling by up to +/-20%
- SSX2 mode for multichannel record, playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB DNR and 0.0015% THD+N
- AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on all inputs
- Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers available - see http://www.audioscience.com/internet/download/win_drivers.htm